Wednesday 23 May 2012

Mad May :-)

there is such a lot to say in this post. but i'll try and keep it brief. first of all, the radio talk on Bigglesfm went well, and i hope to be able to post a link to my interview/thought for the day soon. i was asked about what TTR is doing now, and about my CD, before giving a thought on Noah's ark inspired by the constant rain!

the next day I went to CRE and had a great time on the stand for TTR, and was also interviewed by Marilyn Baker about my life and work. It was fun and I had some promising conversations. i was even invited on a holiday!

I was taken to Sidcup DCF group by a lady who had lived in Sidcup for 13 years. i had a nice time on the journeys and a lovely time with the group. they were very warm and friendly.

I delivered my first powerpoint presentation at Worthing DCF. although it was really really nerve racking, it went well and i'd do it again. its funny needing to keep to a set pattern of what to say so I can correspond to the slides, but it went down well and will get easier as i get used to it, and change some slides gradually. I showed the guatemala video and the group appreciated this. the only complaint i have is that the computer missed a slide out! o well :-)

I am continuing to make bookings, and this week its my appraisal so I am being extra well behaved! 

its been a busy few weeks and I have only been able to do it in God's strength. as ever thanks for all your prayers, and if you would like to book me to speak to a group please contact me on philippa@throughtheroof.org.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment