Thursday 13 October 2011

technical hitches

written on september 20th:

I have had such a blessed time recently. I have spoken at two different meetings. The first was a Fellowship of Youth meeting and was to about 20 young people and 6/7 adults. It was a good time of fun and they listened very well. 


On Tuesday night I was booked to speak at a churches together meeting in Hitchin. This was a very nice meeting. Everybody responded well and they were all so welcoming. I pray God will use that meeting to make Through the Roof more known, and that maybe some more bookings will come from it. 


The rest of the time since I last wrote has been spent on emailing people. Slight technical hitch though as most of my emails are sending as blank messages! Very frustrating! I have also been finding it difficult to log in, and have to get to know a new computer as well. Its all fun and games! It's such a blessing to know that when we talk to God we will never get the message "error" or "can't display page", and he will never have to say "sorry can you send me that prayer again please?"  Even a silent prayer is heard! 


I had a meeting with Alan the project manager of Integr8 last week. We discussed the project and the trip to Guatemala, and reflected on the last six months. It's incredibly hard to believe that it is really six months since this job began! I feel privileged that God has made it possible for me to do this work, and want to continue to do all things to his glory. 


This morning I had an early start. I was on Biggles FM-my local radio station, talking about Guatemala, TTR, and giving the thought for the day. 


Next week I am speaking in Epsom. I have also been encouraged to be given a cheque from a series of meetings that one church (who heard me talk at a ladies Rally in March-Cambridgeshire) have collected together and kindly donated to Through the Roof. This is a real blessing and I'm pleased that they have done this. 


So all in all, I am a little tired, but still thankful. I know that God has his hand on this work, and that "strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord". 


If you wish to know more or have a group that you would like me to speak at please contact me on Philippa@throughtheroof.org      


No comments:

Post a Comment